Now I don’t know about you, but when judging whether a cookie is “the best,” I judge by the TASTE! When it comes to lactation cookies, taste goes without saying, BUT you also want them to actually work. These babies, are both yummy (slightly addicting too) and they’ve got that milk boosting punch you need!
A quick side note for our tribe: We are all about mutually beneficial relationships here at the Newlymoms. So naturally, this article may contain affiliate links. This means that if you were to use the links provided and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). We only promote products we use, love, and/or fully support — it’s a win, win, win! If you have any questions about what we use, love and/or support, please reach out to us via our contact page.
In addition to them being sooooo delicious, they’re made with healthy ingredients (minus the butter– but you gotta live a little), so they’re not as bad as your average sugary fat-filled cookie. Not to mention, but they’re also pretty easy and quick to make — which is HUGE especially for a new mama. I’m all over anything that saves me time and is super easy.
So without further adieu I bring you:
THE BEST OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP LACTATION COOKIES!
1 cup quick oats
¼ cup wheat germ
½ cup almond flour
2 tbsp brewer’s yeast
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt (I love pink Himalayan salt!)
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
½ cup honey
¾ cup dark chocolate chips divided (I love Ghirardelli mmm)
- In one bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients (oats, wheat germ, almond flour, brewer’s yeast, ground flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon and salt)
- Melt butter in another bowl (doesn’t have to be fully melted)
- Whisk in vanilla extract, then the egg, and finally the honey
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring with a spoon until all ingredients are together.
- Add most of the chocolate chips and save about a handful for later
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the dough in the freezer for about 15 minutes (or in the fridge for 30)
- Use spoon to scoop dough and shape into roughly 15 cookies
- Place on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12-13 minutes or until they start to brown around the edges.
- After removing the cookies from the oven, immediately add the remaining chocolate chips to the tops.
- Let the cookies cool on the pan a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack
Happy baking AND milk making!!
Want to TRIPLE your milk supply? CLICK HERE for a FREE How-To Schedule.
Here are some other related posts that may interest you:
3-Step Routine That Tripled My Milk Supply
5 Ways to Increase Your Milk Supply (Without Going Crazy)
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment